17.3.14

a week in the woods



Anyone who was in touch with me last week knows that my big boy was away with his classmates for a week in the woods.  Our big boy had never been away from the two of us for more than one night, and so his father and I were a bit of an anxious mess.  I'm happy to report that we all survived!


My son and his classmates spent the week exploring beautiful coastal forests...

 

 And visiting groves of tall redwood trees.


They learned about wildlife (and met several creatures in person).


One of the favorite creatures around here is Ariolimax Columbianus, affectionately known as the banana slug.


He had a wonderful time and took many beautiful photos, but we're glad to have him home again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)