23.4.12

A Dream Come True

 I had a realization a few weeks ago.

 We were at the grocery store.  I was watching my older son playing with his brother who was strapped in the grocery cart.  My Little Mr. was tickling his little brother and making him laugh... hysterically...

During the years we struggled to grow our family it was painful for me to watch children at the grocery store -- the baby in the cart and the older child dancing around, making the baby shriek with glee while the mother fussed at the older child, "Stop it! Be careful!  You'll tip the cart!"  I wanted this for my older son (and for the child I feared I'd never have.) That relationship... someone to tease and play with, even at the grocery store.

So, it happened the other day... toddler in the cart laughing at the antics of his brother.  Only, I wasn't fussing at them.  I was smiling and laughing because I realized that the moment had arrived in my life... the one I had longed for and wished for.  Seeing my children laughing in the grocery store was a dream come true for me.

10 comments:

  1. tears. over here. from me. because this resonates with me. years of trying, so many failed pregnancies, never knowing if "IT" (always afraid to say it out loud) would happen for me. the moment for me was seeing my boys' little shoes lined up two-by-two at the front door. a dream realized and acknowledged in that moment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read your blog for a long time now... I was so happy for you when your second baby joined the family. Rejoicing with you that such wonderful dreams really can become realities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful realization. I always love realizing how much I love being a mother. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful moment. This made me so happy to read, a reminder that some day in the future I will have a moment like this with my own future children. I bet you will get that warm thankful feeling every time you see these photos of your cuties together:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AH such a gorgeous moment, makes me teary with happiness for you all. So glad a dream came true x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The happiness well deserved!
    Very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its wonderful that you recognise and celebrate the moment. The pictures made me smile - I am one of the people who smile when I see siblings enjoying some silly squeely time together

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful. i'm thrilled for you! i had similar feelings this week, watching the 2 of mine play more and more intensely together and had a slowly sinking, growing, warming feeling of joy that left me with tears.

    your boys are so beautiful - have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I know this feeling so well! It's inexpressibly sacred, realizing that all of my longings are somehow present and fulfilled in this one, glowing, laughing moment! I wish I was better at reveling in thankfulness every day. Beautiful words and pictures. I am with you in this hugeness of gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been meaning to leave a comment all week! I loved this post. I didn't have the same experiences as you, but I understand what it means to dream about your family and want it so bad. I'm so happy that you have both of those little ones now. How lucky they are, too.

    ReplyDelete

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)