25.7.10

Fun with Baby

Our first night home from the hospital I was brushing my teeth when the phone rang. Little Mr. answered the phone and began chatting -- it was my mother on the other end of the line. Because I was busy brushing, I missed the conversation which my mother related to me a few days ago...

Little Mr. asked my mother, "Would you like to hear my baby cry?" And before my mother could say, "No," Little Mr. reached over and plucked the pacifier from the baby's mouth. He put the phone up to the baby so my mother could hear him cry and then quickly popped the pacifier back in.

Little Mr. has been gentle with the baby, but there is a level of curiosity and amusement. Clearly, pulling the pacifier out of the baby's mouth and then popping it back in to stop the crying is amusing. I was slightly mortified by the actions of my son, but I have to say, I nearly fell down on the floor laughing when my mother related this phone conversation to me.

Meanwhile, I'm planning to get Baby B. a t-shirt which says, "DON'T TOUCH MY BINKY!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)