20.5.10

Sparrows and Stories

Do you know," Peter asked "why swallows build in the eaves of houses? It is to listen to the stories... (J.M. Barrie)

Today I took my Little Mr. to the library to hear a storyteller (who also happens to be a puppeteer-colleague of mine...) For this presentation he told stories written by Hans Christian Andersen while dressed as the author (and he performed with a charming Danish accent to boot!) Outside the library window I saw 2 or 3 little heads bobbing up and down -- sparrows on the window sill listening in on the stories. James M. Barrie was right -- little birds do love listening to stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)