3.5.10

Mother's Day Flowers

Over the past few weeks we've been working on this clay project in my son's class at school.

We're lucky to have a kiln at the school, but this project could easily be done with air drying clay or fired in a kiln at a local ceramics co-op.

The flowers are meant to be holders for small votive candles, but I suppose they could be used as spoon-rests in the kitchen or as a place to put earrings at night.

I'm not completely happy with the glaze... I thought this particular glaze was supposed to be translucent, but it came out opaque.

We did a similar project last autumn -- fish bowls! The glaze was translucent, and personally, I prefer how they turned out...

Still, it was a fun project and I'm sure the mothers who receive these flowers from their proud little artists will enjoy them. Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Beth --

    Thanks for stopping by... Glad you liked the project!

    MB

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome activity. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)