19.5.10

From Blog-life to Real-life

When I started this blog the first week of March, I didn't begin the project with many expectations. I wasn't sure how often I'd post, what I'd post about or who might read and comment. It's been a lovely surprise, this unfolding& evolving experience of blogging. I've enjoyed posting, enjoyed feedback and enjoyed the connections I've made so far. I've also realized that I am very much a face-to-face person. So it delighted me to discover that 2 bloggers with whom I've been communicating are local to me. And when Kathy of Everyday Bliss suggested we have a real-life adventure together, I jumped at the opportunity to meet the exuberant, ever-questing, curious, creative person behind the blog. As a bonus, I got to meet J., her exuberant, ever-questing, curious & creative 3-year old daughter. We met at a local Children's Museum, Kathy, her little J., my Little Mr. B. & I... and it was such a lovely afternoon.

It would take me all night to describe the endlessly amazing hands-on exhibits at this museum... the post-office play-area, the fire truck, the Wells Fargo stage coach, the bubble exhibit, the water-ways exhibit, "Secret-of-Circles" exhibit, the art-loft... But, oh! The Cabinet of Wonders... just the name of this exhibit makes me quiver all over with excitement...

It was glorious... the vintage marionettes which danced at the turn of a knob, the giant butterfly which fluttered at the push of a button, the sand-laboratory, the magic forest... and then I heard the tinkling, twinkling music. Kathy pointed me up a short flight of stairs and inside a moving, swirling, carousel kaleidoscope. That was when the little wheels in my heads started to spin and shoot off rainbow flashes of sparkles & light (Kathy will attest to this -- she witnessed it herself...)

Thank you Kathy (& little J., too) for the lovely afternoon -- for the good conversation about blogging, parenting and... life... For the chasing around in circles, the splashing, the nibble-y snacks, the curiosity and the questions, the 2 children who somehow escaped our gaze, disappeared together for 5 minutes, caused frantic mamas to nearly have heart attacks & inform the museum staff who sent out an all-alerts bulletin via walkie-talkie to help search for a 6 year old boy and 3 year old girl (well, that part I could have done without...)

Cyberspace is great, but for me, it will never take the place of face-to-face...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for a great day! I loved it all... no wait not the part where we couldn't find them... but mostly all!! I look forward to future adventures together! --Kathy

    ReplyDelete

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)